Psychology within the FBI

Psychology & the FBI
What is the most important factor in an unidentified subject's psychological profile?

Thursday, August 29, 2013

FBI Teen Academy!

It's official!!! The FBI Teen Academy is actually happening! Before I get too excited here's a bit of back story...
When I first met my mentor Karen we spent quite a while talking about how unfortunate it was that there is no program for the FBI that is available to high school students. College students can gain internships in the FBI, but there was no program for high schoolers interested in the FBI such as the Police Explorers for those interested in law enforcement. Of course, Karen knew about this problem and had been attempting to address it, but after hearing about all my firsthand difficulty in pursuing this field I was truly inspired in we had a reason to try harder. my amazing mentor has placed me at the ground floor of this entire project, checking with me and informing me of advancement within the planning.
On Wednesday, her and I met and we headed over to the West Covina Youth Council meeting. While there we explained what the event was and handed application packets to everyone attending the meeting. The first FBI Teen Academy will take place Saturday September 27th  and will feature such classes as cybercrime, antiterrorism, and community safety. Since this is the first, of hopefully many, to come the event will only consist of one day from 9am - 3pm, yet in the end we hope to be able to achieve a week long summer activity that will consist of many different classes and training exercises. I look forward to this event with high hopes and anticipation, eager to see it all come together. also, i hope that once I am able to work with my mentor and the FBI more i will be a more influential part in hosting these.
Anyway, right now all I can really do is answer any emails I get from my mentor and meet her when needed until the event. Anxious for the day of the event and all the great knowledge and experience i will continue to gain throughout my mentorship.

No comments:

Post a Comment